Idaho Pathfinders’ March Meeting

by Brenda Heckman on March 13, 2019

Well is it In like a lion out like a lamb for March. Makes me wonder about the weather. Thank you to the 19 members and one Guest, Jeremy Harris with the Forest Service, for coming to March’s meeting

Todd Stenzel (Pres.) read the min. From January’s meeting. Larry approved them and Mary second it.

Thank you to this years Sponsors: Platinum Sponsors are:; Central Idaho Properties, Buds Powersports

Gold Sponsor: Gosselaar Powersports

 Silver Sponsor: Swiftwater Rv, P.J. Walker and Rick Liepitz

If you are interesting in being a sponsor it is: Silver is Sponsor $75, Gold Sponsor $125, and Platinum Sponsor is $250. The sponsor packages include Business and family’s. (depending which package is how many family’s it will include). The sponsor will also be recognized in our advertisements, website and at all functions. If you are interested it or just a regular membership $20 for a single or $25 per family. They can be found on the webpage idahopathfinders.org or we have them at all functions and meetings.

The club has been trying to keep up with the House bills #74 & #75. So I’m going to shorten it it up for you. H74 which is Nonresident OHV Fees passed the Idaho State Senate. Now it goes to the governor’s desk for the signed. And the Senate also passed H24 and H90. which is to eliminate the weight limit on UTVs and extend the width limit on ATVs and UTVs. But the Senate rejected H74 that was intended to clean up the sticker process. I will try and keep things posted on the web page as it comes in on this.

Up and coming is the Hamburger Barbecue at Pittsburg Landing, Sunday March 17th. The club will be cooking from 11:00-1:00 at the campsite by the river. This is open to the public and come over however you want. ATV, UTV, or just take a drive. The road is plowed over the top. The club will provide the hamburgers and the go withs. But we do ask members to bring a side dish please. Also BRING YOUR OWN DRINKS!!

Ride for thought, the club will be going the end of July to Red River for camping and riding. We have a member that is camp hosting up at the Red River Campground. A weekend of laughter and OHV riding.

Next Todd turned the floor over to Jeremy Harris, to give us some answers to question on trails. The reroute the club has been talking about from Sky-Line down to Adams. Is that Jeremy has to talk to Jeff Schin about it. The NEPA and Historical groups are always involved when a person is talking about rerouting. But fixing the old trail or making huge improvements on the trail could happen a little quicker. But Jeremy will get together with Jeff and Noel and see what can happen for us this year. And Todd suggested to go with the Forest Service and walk it. To get a better understand of what we are talking about. If we could get this fixed it would get about 90% of the OHV traffic off the 221 road from Sky-line to Adams.

In the same area Don Eckford brought up about the old wagon road that was used in the 1860’s. To put the OHV users off the road.  But Jeremy didn’t think that would work.

Next Jeremy brought up about putting a bridge on the crossing of the Boulder Creek. This would make it safer for families with lower machines and motorcycles to cross. During certain times of the year the Creek gets a little touch and go for low machines. Between big boulders and high water.

The last thing talked about for the evening was Saw Certification for trail crews. As of right now, we have four people that are saw certified and hold a First Aid card. We are wondering is there anyone else out there that would like to be saw certified & hold a first aid card during trail ranger work days. If so Don and Todd will look into getting someone from the club to become a saw certified teacher for us or see if there is a class around for us to join in like the Back Country Horseman. And Brenda needs to get the First Aid class lined up. (When working on TRAIL RANGER work days and you want to run a saw for the club. We need you to be saw certified and have a first aid card. This has to do with the Trail Ranger Cost Share Agreement.) We need to make sure all this is in place way before trail working on trails for the cost share agreement. If you are interested please let us know. Todd 983-6033 or Dean 839-2303

On a happy note. We have 78 memberships as of March. YA for us. Hoping to get more as rides come around and the weather gets better. Please if you have any question or ideas and can’t make it to meeting please give Todd and Dean a call. They can try to answer or find out for you. Or if you have a ride you would like to take the members on let us know.

For the next meeting we will be finding out more information on the 505 trail and the saw certification.

NEXT MEETING IS APRIL 3 @ 7:00PM @ THE PIZZA FACTORY IN GRANGEVILLE.

Congratulation to Less Sonburge for being the lucky winner of the 50/50 tickets.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: